Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Artists in Action

A few weeks ago (when the ground was still covered in snow), I had the pleasure of doing a shoot with emerging singer-songwriter Nichole Amundsen.

She didn't have a specific outcome in mind, so it was up to me to think on my feet given my model and the surrounds we had to work with.

It didn't take long for me to notice the funky staircase in Nichole's pad (that seemingly went nowhere) and the awesome scruffy porch with vintage red chair! We shot for a solid hour before even leaving the house! With a lovely and creative performer on your hands, it is amazing how many great shots you can get... and how quickly time can fly! When I got back into my car at the end of the shoot, I could hardly believe that 3 hours has passed. But when I got home and started going through the images, I was amazed at the fact that it looked like we had done 4 or 5 completely different shoots in those three hours! The diversity of images was awesome!


I thought I would share some of my favourite images from the shoot. And show just how different a single person can look on any given day!




















































And of course, if any of you are interested in checking out Nichole's music, here is a link to her website: http://www.myspace.com/nicholeamundsen !







Posted by f/action member,
Dallas Ludwick

1 comment:

Ailsa Dyson said...

Nice work Dallas!!! I LOVE these!