Friday, March 5, 2010

Baby with sync cord


I was in my studio the other day doing a family portrait shoot, and sometimes taking pictures of young kids and babies can be a little challenging. You want to capture some great expressions and genuine laughs - but with the attention span of a, well, 8 month old, it can get a little tricky. This kid, the very cute Judah, was no exception. Although he's probably one of the happiest smiley baby I know, he still has a curiosity bigger than himself and is always looking for the next neatest thing. Well, the next neatest thing happened to be my sync cord. (a sync cord plugs into your camera and studio lights so they can communicate)
Judah was sitting on the ground, in front of the lights and I was trying to snap some shots of him in his little prison-stripes but he kept slowly but determinedly crawling towards me, heading straight for my camera. Not sure what the big attraction was (sometimes kids are scared of my big lens), but his mom kept picking him up and turning him around to make him go back to his spot in front of the lights. He was relentless, and kept going for it - and I finally figured out what the big attraction was. He wanted the sync cord! So there you have it, baby with sync cord.

Posted by f/action member, Gabrielle Touchette.

No comments: