Saturday, March 6, 2010

To Name or Not to Name

Do you ever wonder what to name a photo? When you see photography in a gallery or other public place, are you annoyed when you see "Untitled" below the piece? I have to admit, that I kind of am. I definitely appreciate a good name for a photo... however, it can be really hard to come up with one! For example, I recently had to think about naming the above photo and had a minor debate with myself over whether or not to reveal the location in the photo or not. In this case, I don't think that the name of the place has anything to do with the final image... and I don't think it improves the photo in any way to know where the photo was taken. That being said, I didn't want to go with something cheesy like "City at Night" or "Night Lights"... ahhh, naming. Suggestions welcome!
Posted by Dallas Ludwick

1 comment:

Gabrielle Touchette said...

electriCITY
ha. lame too, I know, but when I see this, I just think of currents of electricity... because of the fantastic lights.